How to action a file from your local machine/ a Relay Based File System source step

If you require to create a path, delete a path, delete a file, move a file or copy a file on the SFTP or FTP Server, the Relay Based File System Actions destination step will be used. This step ensures that the function will work as intended.

NB: The settings on the source step will need to be disabled for the function to work on this step and they will be removed from the step in the future.

Illustrated below is an example of a flow where the Relay Based File System Actions destination step is being used. The source step is a Relay Based File System step and the file is being moved to a different path using the Relay Based File System Actions step. A Pass Through step has to be used if you want to action the file. In this example, we are moving one Excel file from a local machine.

NB: The Limit step is being used to limit the number of files that can be passed through. Our development team is working on adding an option to limit the number of files in the Relay Based File System Actions step. Once it is deployed, this article will be updated.

The image below is the config of the Relay Based File System source step which consists of the path to a file that is required to be moved.

The below page is the Limit step where it is limited to one file only since it’s only one file that is required to be moved.

Illustrated below is the config of the Relay Based File System Actions destination step where I selected the “Move File” function in the Action field. I copied the path in the Relay Based File System source step and pasted it in the From Path field. I inputted the path I want the file to move to in the To Path field and since the path already exists, I did not select the Create Path check box and I don’t require to Overwrite the path.

How to use the Relay Based File System source step